Virtual Classroom Guide
What to do before the Course
Either you or your organisation has already decided it needs to adopt BIM implementation or wished to know more about what ‘BIM according to ISO 19650’ would mean to you or them.
- You will need a PC or laptop and have a quality and stable broadband internet connection. If using a wireless connection, especially if the signal is weak or drops out, it is recommended to connect the laptop directly to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Please ensure your laptop does not have firewall restrictions for Zoom. If you are uncertain, please seek your own IT support.
- You will need speakers/headphones and microphone functionality. We recommend a headset with a microphone (ideally a USB headset) for the optimum experience. We would strongly recommend testing your audio equipment and speaker sound settings prior to attending the course.
- It is not advisable to use Bluetooth headsets as these can be affected by other Bluetooth devices nearby.
- Although not essential, we recommend the use of a second screen if at all possible.
- The course delivery link to access the course will be active 3 days prior to the course start date.
If you have any special requirements that you think we should know about, please contact us.
Any other Business
That should be about everything – other than the actual details of the course, which you will find in ‘My Courses’.
If we have missed anything or you have any questions, please let us know.
We really do hope you enjoy your BIM Academy experience and look forward to seeing you on the course.